Thursday, December 6, 2007

Kunal Ganjawala

Name: Kunal Ganjawala
First Film : Saathiya












BIOGRAPHY

Kunal Ganjawala is an Indian playback singer, primarily in Bollywood. He is the man whose voice mesmerised listeners with its sensuous appeal in Murder's "Bheege Honth", made you sway with "Channa Ve", and sets your tap toes tapping to "Kaal Dhamal", an item song in Kaal. This is what Kunal has to say "I was not even a bathroom singer. I began singing only when I was ragged by my seniors as a fresher in Elphinston College, Mumbai. I was passing by them whistling a tune when a few of them caught hold of me and commanded, `Sing a song'. I was shocked. I said I never sang in my life. They said, `Jhoot bolta hai. When he can whistle tunes so well, why can't he sing?' They caught hold of my neck saying, they would throttle me if I didn't. With great difficulty I sang "Nazar ke samne" (Aashiqui) and "Ik din bik jayega" (Dharam Karam). They spared me then but made me sing in college festivals later."


No comments: